Me: Namaste Uncle
Uncle : Namaste beta, how are you??
Me: I am doing good, how are you uncle, how is aunty doing?
Uncle: Ur aunty, she is like a queen beta, enjoying her life with grand son.
Me: Nice! so he must be keeping you both on your toes..
Uncle: ya..so beta, you are working with same company?
Me: yes uncle, I am with the same xyz company
Uncle: Good, so how much do you get?
Me: I get what is good for me uncle.
Uncle: that's a intelligent answer!
Uncle: I am hoping that society bothers you, and you share with the needy...
Me: Of course uncle, I do. I share with fresher’s and my Juniors...
Uncle: ohh, but why do they need it...they also get what they need may be not how much you get...
Me: Ya, they are just fresher’s so they don't have so much as we seniors have...so we do share with them..
Uncle: that’s nice...but, you should have a broader view and think of other needy, like orphans and old age homes too..
Me: may be orphans is a good idea, but old age homes themselves are rich enough according to me...
Uncle: that's a wrong perception beta...
Me: But uncle, they are very old and have great knowledge than what I have, what knowledge can I share with them...
Uncle: Huh, where you speaking about knowledge for all this while...
Me: ya, were you not referring to the same?!?!?
Uncle: I was referring to your salary and money beta...
Me: Ohh, sorry uncle, I was referring to the knowledge that I earn...
Saturday, June 4, 2011
Earning
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It happens all the time ... and aunts are more prone to do it ... salary, package blah blah blah and then they become the standards, reasons for an unfair comparison, and excuse for bolstering one of their connections who make more ... it is interesting that they assume that they are asking a fair question OR they know that the question is unfair, but because they are elder, they believe they can extort the answer ... It becomes irritating when more indirect surrounding questions are asked, all leading to same original question of salary ...
ReplyDelete